Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bedroom inspiration

I have a love affair with Platinum & Plum. I just love the way the colors look together. The mysterious and regal look of the violet next to the sleek sophistication of the silver is intoxicating to me. Well needless to say my love affair has made its way to my bedroom. When I saw the metallic paint colors from Ralph Lauren I knew I had to have it. http://www.ralphlaurenhome.com/rlhome/products/paint/items.asp?haid=116

I had to approach the subject gently with the hubby. He wasn't to keen on the idea of painting all of the walls in our bedroom with metallic paint. Alas, we were able to reach a compromise and just paint one wall with the metallic silver paint and the other walls a softer shade of gray.


Here are a few of the photos that inspire me. This is an example of the perfect shade of purple. Plus I just adore the chandy.

This headboard is divine. I am thinking of making my own.

When I saw this over at "Three Men & A Lady" my jaw dropped. I mean it it really dropped. I love it. Michelle has accomplished putting together a incredible master bedroom. The bed is exactly what I have been looking for, the nightstands are fantastic & what can I say about the wall color..perfect. I used this photo to show the hubby what our bedroom could be. If you haven't already go over and check her out. You won't regret it.

I am in the process of getting the master bedroom put together and I can't wait for "Reveal" day. Check back for updates.

No comments: